Empire at War

Discussion on Star Wars computer games, console games, trading card games, and role playing games (RPG).
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Empire at War

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:21 am

Anyone going to get this game? Anyone tried the Demo? I haven't tried the Demo, but it looks like a glorified Force Commander to me. I think I am going to pass.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:39 am

Was thinking about getting it. Not sure yet. If there's a demo out, I might try and find a copy.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:16 am

Go to my home page and I have provided about five links to different sites that have the demo download available.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:52 pm

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:12 pm

I am actually pretty interested in this game. I equate it to more of a sequel to Galactic Battlegrounds than Force Commander. I have been waiting for a good Star Wars RTS for a while now and they might have gotten it right with this one. I haven't tried the demo yet, mainly because I've been so busy but if I have time, I will download it and try it out.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:56 pm

This was meant to be out today, but shops won't sell it until tomorrow. Think I'll get it.

The Fett

Post by The Fett » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Yeah, when I upgrade my computer I will get this for shizzle. My heap of crap right now couldnt run a thing.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:21 am

Anyone have this game and can tell me how it is. I am on the fence as to whether or not I am going to buy it or not.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:09 am

Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption came out yesterday. This expansion creates a third group to choose from that is led by Tyber Zann. He will stop at nothing to further the sinister agenda of the Zann Consortium and become the most notorious criminal leader since Jabba the Hutt.

With all new tactics like piracy, kidnapping, and bribery, players can control the shadowy forces of corruption in their attempt to rule the Star Wars underworld.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:24 am

I downloaded the Empire At War demo and was quite pleased with it so I went out and bought it with the help of some McDonald's Best Buy bucks. I think it's very fun to play (I play it for hours when I get a chance) and the customizations and add-ons/mods created by fans you can download and install add to the fun.

For instance, my favorite mod is a scaling mod. When you first play the game the ships are all scaled for playability and are not close to the actual sizes of the ships. Modders scaled the ships to be the correct size... Imagine how large an unscaled SSD is! It is very large and all the more fun.

Just make sure you have a good graphics card, this game can look pretty dang good.
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Master Ambrose

Post by Master Ambrose » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:02 am

i got both empire at war and forces of corruption i havent beaten the campaigns on either....im not that good but both r great space battles are crazy but the land battles could be alot better

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 pm

I'm wondering what the majority of opinions are now on this game. Been thinking of buying it when I see it one day. I loved playing games like Medieval Total War and Rome Total War and wonder if Empire at War is similar?

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 am

I have considered asking for the two pack for Christmas. Is it really worth it? I have tended to not play games that were to difficult or had to many moving parts.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am

I haven't really done any reading on it but it looks like the similar style strategy to MTW and RTW with the real-time-strategy battles. If its like that it would probably be good fun and very addictive like those two mentioned above. Building cities and armies does involve many 'moving parts'.

Craig

Re: Empire at War

Post by Craig » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:53 am

Just started playing this game last week; bought it a year ago by the date on the docket. So far it's great fun, actually. The space battles are especially fun; haven't got as good a grip on the land battles yet.The GUI isn't so great to me. I'll finish the thought later; dinner is cooked.